Ron Paul has been the leading spokesman for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies based on commodity-backed currency.
Ron Paul was known among both his colleagues in Congress and his constituents for his consistent voting record in the House of Representatives: Dr. Paul never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution. In fact, he possessed a consistent conservative record of standing up for the Constitution, even when it means voting alone.
There’s a reason Ron Paul has been called “the Taxpayers’ Best Friend.”
Congressman Paul has:
- Never voted to raise taxes.
- Never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- Never voted to raise the federal debt limit.
- Never voted to raise congressional pay.
- Never taken a government-paid junket.
- Voted against the Patriot Act.
Ron Paul continues the work to:
- End the IRS and the income tax.
- Eliminate the “Death Tax.”
- Stop the central bankers’ “Inflation Tax” and save the dollar.
- Stop the spread of socialist, Big Government health care and instead work to repeal the “ObamaCare” monstrosity.
- Stop the growth of government spending, restrictive regulations, and interference in our lives.
- Ensure the federal government returns to its constitutional limits by eliminating departments and agencies that are not authorized by the Constitution.
- Return to the Founders’ more humble foreign policy. American troops and taxpayers deserve better than to be used for “nation-building” or policing the world. Because of his steadfast support of the troops, Ron Paul receives more donations from active duty military than all of his Republican opponents combined!